As a British Psychoanalytic Council registrant, I am bound by the Council’s ethical code, which includes the preservation of confidentiality of the patient, regular clinical supervision and continuing professional development. The British Psychoanalytic Council is a body accredited by the Professional Standards Authority.
I have a long standing interest in mental health, psychoanalysis and psychotherapy and am particularly interested on the impact of immigration on the emotional lives of individuals and intercultural issues, having written my masters dissertation about migration, separation and loss from a psychoanalytic point of view.
I am a Visiting Lecturer at the Tavistock & Portman NHS Foundation Trust and worked for many years in charitable organisations providing psychotherapy and in mental health in the National Health Service, NHS. My work experience also includes a background in organisational psychology.
My qualifications and affiliations to professional bodies include:
- Doctorate level clinical training in psychodynamic psychotherapy, Tavistock & Portman NHS Foundation Trust
- British Psychoanalytical Council (BPC) registered as a Psychodynamic Adult Psychotherapist
- Tavistock Society of Psychotherapists (TSP) member
- Association for Psychoanalytic Psychotherapy in the NHS (APP) member
- British Psychological Society (BPS) member
- Postgraduate Diploma in Psychotherapy, Tavistock & Portman NHS Foundation Trust
- Masters degree in Psychoanalytic Studies, Tavistock & Portman NHS Foundation Trust
- The Development of Psychoanalytic Theory, Tavistock & Portman NHS Foundation Trust
- Introduction to Counselling and Psychotherapy, Tavistock & Portman NHS Foundation Trust
- Conselho Regional de Psicologia (CRP/RS) (professional registration as a Clinical Psychologist in Brazil)
- BSc (Hons) degree in Psychology, PUCRS, Brazil
I hold a Professional Civil Liability by Howden Professionals and I possess a Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) clearance.